Loop Scorpio Limited
Acceptable Use Policy
(issue date 27th July 2020)
This policy, which supercedes all previous versions, should be read in conjunction with the current version of the terms and conditions of service.
Please read this policy carefully. Loop Scorpio Ltd ("Loop Scorpio" or "the Company") operates this policy in order to conduct its business in a responsible manner to enable it to provide as uninterrupted and seamless a service to its customers as is reasonably practical.
Loop Scorpio reserves the right to suspend or cancel a customer's access to any or all services provided by the Company should we decide that the service has been inappropriately used.
Loop Scorpio reserves the right to modify this policy at any time. The current version of this policy will be posted on www.loopscorpio.net and it is the customer's responsibility to ensure their awareness of any changes made to this policy (To facilitate this customers can opt-in to an email notification service by letting us know of their desire for this).
- General Use
- The customer shall use the specified service
provided under the terms of their contract with Loop Scorpio for
the purposes of gaining access to the Internet, the community
network and the services thereon.
- The Services may not be used to send or receive any material which is offensive, abusive, indecent, obscene or menacing; or in breach of confidence, copyright, privacy or any other rights, or to knowingly send or receive any material, including computer viruses or pornography, which transgresses any laws of the United Kingdom, whether Civil or Criminal.
- No Specific Usage Limit
- Loop Scorpio operates a no specific usage
limit policy for Internet and Community Network access, subject
to any "broadband speed" monthly data transfer limits
applicable to a service tier and any necessary aggregate limits
we need to place on p2p-type programs. In rare cases, Loop Scorpio
may find a customer to be using the Internet and/or Community
Network resources to such an extent that they may jeopardise Internet
and Community Network performance for other customers. In this
instance Loop Scorpio reserves the right to suspend or otherwise
limit the user's service immediately and without notice &/or
require them to upgrade to a higher service tier. This is intended
to prevent excessive use of the resource such as by presistent
heavy utilisation of p2p-type programs.
- Any web-hosting service provided also has no specific limit set for monthly data transfer. However, it is not intended for continuous high volume use. Loop Scorpio reserves the right to impose a monthly restriction on the data transferred to/from customer's websites using the inclusive web-hosting service.
- The user may not intercept or monitor wireless
- The user may not attempt, establish or facilitate unauthorised access to the network, resources or machines without the prior unequivocal consent of the lawful owner of that machine, resource or network.
- Using the Services to transmit unsolicited
bulk email is prohibited. Activities that have the effect of facilitating
unsolicited bulk email whether or not that email is commercial
in nature, are also prohibited. The precise definition of 'bulk'
is at the sole discretion of Loop Scorpio Ltd. Recipients must
always be provided with the means by which they can easily remove
themselves from mailing lists should they no longer wish to receive
- Using the Services to engage in activities
that violate the terms of service of any other Internet or online
service provider is prohibited.
- Falsifying addressing information or otherwise
modifying headers to conceal the sender's or recipient's identity,
for the purpose of circumventing these terms and conditions, is